Main Article Content
Systemic Mastocytosis, Histamine, Mast Cells, Myeloproliferative Disorder, Anaphylaxis
1. Valent P, Sperr WR, Schwartz LB, et al. Diagnosis and classification of mast cell proliferative disorders: delineation from immunologic diseases and non-mast cell hematopoietic neoplasms. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2004; 114:3-11.
2. 21. Cohen SS, Skovbo S, Vestergaard H, et al. Epidemiology of systemic mastocytosis in Denmark. Br J Haematol 2014; 166:521-8.
3. Soter NA. Mastocytosis and the skin. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 2000; 14:537-55, vi.
4. Moura DS. Neuropsychological features of adult mastocytosis. Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 2014; 34:407-22.
5. Soter NA. Mastocytosis and the skin. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 2000; 14: 537-55, vi.
6. Lim KH, Tefferi A, Lasho TL, et al. Systemic mastocytosis in 342 consecutive adults: survival studies and prognostic factors. Blood 2009; 113:5727-36.
7. Horny HP, Ruck M, Wehrmann M, et al. Blood findings in generalized mastocytosis: evidence of frequent simultaneous occurrence of myeloproliferative disorders. Br J Haematol 1990; 76:186-93.
8. Lim KH, Tefferi A, Lasho TL, et al. Systemic mastocytosis in 342 consecutive adults: survival studies and prognostic factors. Blood 2009; 113:5727-36.
9. Barete S, Assous N, de Gennes C, et al. Systemic mastocytosis and bone involvement in a cohort of 75 patients. Ann Rheum Dis 2010; 69:1838-41.
10. Van Der Veer E, Van Der Goot W, De Monchy JGR, et al. High prevalence of fractures and osteoporosis in patients with indolent systemic mastocytosis. Allergy 2012; 67:431-8.
11. Arber DA, Orazi A, Hasserjian R, et al. The 2016 revision to the World Health Organization (WHO) classification of myeloid neoplasms and acute leukemia. Blood. 2016;127:2391-2405.
12. Horny H, Metcalfe D, Bennet J, et al. Mastocytosis. In: Swerdlow S, Campo E, Harris N, et al, eds. WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues. 4th ed. Lyon, France: World Health Organization; 2008:54-63.
13. Wang SA, Hutchinson L, Tang G, et al. Systemic mastocytosis with associated clonal hematological non-mast cell lineage disease: clinical significance and comparison of chromosomal abnormalities in SM and AHNMD components. Am J Hematol 2013; 88:219-24.
14. Valent P, Arock M, Akin C, et al. The classification of systemic mastocytosis should include mast cell leukemia (MCL) and systemic mastocytosis with a clonal hematologic non-mast cell lineage disease (SM-AHNMD). Blood 2010; 116:850-1.
15. Akin C, Metcalfe DD. Surrogate markers of disease in mastocytosis. Int Arch Allergy Immunol 2002; 127:133-6.
16. Valent P, Horny HP, Escribano L, et al. Diagnostic criteria and classification of mastocytosis: a consensus proposal. Leuk Res 2001; 25:603-25.
17. Valent P, Sotlar K, Sperr WR, et al. Refined diagnostic criteria and classification of mast cell leukemia (MCL) and myelomastocytic leukemia (MML): a consensus proposal. Ann Oncol 2014; 25:1691-700.
18. Pardanani A, Lim KH, Lasho TL, et al. WHO subvariants of indolent mastocytosis: clinical details and prognostic evaluation in 159 consecutive adults. Blood 2010; 115:150-1.
19. Brockow K, Jofer C, Behrendt H, et al. Anaphylaxis in patients with mastocytosis: a study on history, clinical features and risk factors in 120 patients. Allergy 2008; 63:226-32.
20. Butterfield JH, Weiler CR. Prevention of mast cell activation disorder associated clinical sequelae of excessive prostaglandin D2 production. Int Arch Allergy Immunol 2008; 147:338-43.
21. Horan RF, Sheffer AL, Austen KF. Cromolyn sodium in the management of systemic mastocytosis. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1990; 85:852-5.
22. Carter MC, Robyn JA, Bressler PB, et al. Omalizumab for the treatment of unprovoked anaphylaxis in patients with systemic mastocytosis. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2007; 119:1550-1.
23. Lim KH, Pardanani A, Butterfield JH, et al. Cytoreductive therapy in 108 adults with systemic mastocytosis: outcome analysis and response prediction during treatment with interferon-alpha, hydroxyurea, imatinib mesylate or 2-chlorodeoxyadenosine. Am J Hematol 2009; 84:790-4.
24. Escribano L, Álvarez-Twose I, Sánchez-Muñoz L, et al. Prognosis in adult indolent systemic mastocytosis: a long-term study of the Spanish Network on Mastocytosis in a series of 145 patients. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2009; 124:514-21.
25. Paul C, Sans B, Suarez F, et al. Masitinib for the treatment of systemic and cutaneous mastocytosis with handicap: a phase 2a study. Am J Hematol 2010; 85:921-5.
26. Georgin-Lavialle S, Lhermitte L, Dubreuil P, et al. Mast cell leukemia. Blood 2013; 121:1285-95.
27. Ustun C, Reiter A, Scott BL, et al. Hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation for advanced systemic mastocytosis. J Clin Oncol 2014; 32:3264-74.
28. Cherner JA, Jensen RT, Dubois A, O’Dorisio TM, Gardner JD, Metcalfe DD. Gastrointestinal dysfunction in systemic mastocytosis. A prospective study. Gastroenterology 1988; 95:657–667.
29. Lim KH, Tefferi A, Lasho TL, et al; Systemic mastocytosis in 342 consecutive adults: survival studies and prognostic factors. Blood. 2009;113(23):572736.
30. Theoharides TC, Valent P, Akin C. Mast cells, mastocytosis, and related disorders. N Engl J Med 2015;373:163-72